Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's beginning to...

Look allot like Christmas!! I tried to make most of my decorations to save money!! I only had two totes full of decor! 
Our porch is simple! I used dollar tree bells and added a burlap bow. The wreath I had gotten for about $12 from Hobby Lobby when they were on 70% off. I added the green poinsettias that are from Michael's! 

I purchased the bell garland from Paul Micheals. It was about $9! I Put it inside the bells.


Heres the other side of the porch. I placed a bench here since all my plants are in the shed for winter. I made the Merry Christmas pillow with burlap I had and just painted the wording. The greenery was free from when we got our tree! The pinecones were free and I just added glitter. The poinsettia is sitting in a galvanized bucket with a burlap sack wrapped around it and then I added moss and greenery! I made the Joy banner with burlap and glitter. The snowman is made out of our pumpkins left over from Halloween. I spray painted them added buttons, a felt nose, and a ribbon scarf with glue dots. I made the hat for him with a paper plate and old paint can I was about to throw away! So it was all free since I had everything to make him into Frosty!  



Come on inside and have a look around! Heres our entryway with our buffet I scored for super cheap! I made the burlap runner. The sleigh is a 50% off item from paul Michael's! I filled it with vintage glass balls and fake greenery. The lantern I added greenery, candle, and candle holders. The dome holds my dollar tree nativity scene and trees. I placed it on top of a silver dollar tree tray and moss. Added different silver ornaments around it. The cross was given to me as a gift from my mom a couple years ago! 




Then the living room where we spend most of our time! We just got new furniture! I love it! I wanted to use silver, green, blue, and cream for my tree. I made the tree shirt with things I had. The nutcrackers adorn the tv stand. I wanted a little santa vingette. So I made some fake Santa glasses, letters to Santa, Letters from Santa to the kiddies, his keys, and a candle lighting his desk so he can write. Instead of using a long piece of greenery to drape across the curtains, I used the picks and added a bow and ornaments! Way cheaper and I love the way it looks!!







Next up the kitchen which is simple not to much to it. I need all the space I can get in it. I like to spread out when I cook! The table has a little sleigh that I picked up for $14 and I added a vintage pepsi cart on top and filled it with greenery, mason jars, and candles. Just drew on the chalkboard some Christmas things. On top of the fridge I added a few vintage recipe books then added some village homes that I got at a garage sale for like $3 and I just painted them. On the cabinet doors I made some small wreaths with the real greenery and added bows. Then I added on the bar side a vintage soda crate used some fabric I had and then used some vintage trays and filled the with different things. I decorated a small tree candy theme. In the dome sits a sleigh with vintage trees and santa sitting on top a vintage reindeer ornament and frosty petting him. 





I also got this sign for $3 in the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby. I repainted it and it now hangs over the doorway to the carport!


The Hallway is simple just made a village in our bookcase. I got this village from dollar tree about 5 years ago. Its little gingerbread men instead of humans! I love it! Sorry for the lightening it was dusk time when I took these pictures. 



Our bathroom has a bird theme already so I just played off of that. I added three dollar tree snowflakes to the wall and greenery with a dollar tree nest and a dollar bin bird that I spruced up. I made the banner!




Our bedroom only has a tree sitting on my vanity! I used paper from a piano roll as a runner. On the tree I used dollar tree ornaments, tulle I had, a dollar tree nest, bead garland, and torn piano paper! For the tree skirt I used wrapping paper! So easy and simple. I am not sure if I love the tulle around the bird nest I am thinking of using long feathers instead. What yall think?


My studio is my favorite room and its the least decorated. Go figure. haha I guess because I was so busy making stuff for the rest of the house I tend to forget this room! I am setting up for a Christmas Party in here so I can't show much! 




Well thats our Christmas Home! Thank you so much for dropping by to say hello! Hope you enjoyed the tour! Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Toodles-
Sarah

Im linking to some parties! Go vote for me please!! :)


Christmas Tree Contest
DIY Show Off DIY Holiday Highlights
Christmas Blog Hop Party

3 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Hey there Sarah,
Your home is absolutely gorgeous girl, great job, so festive!!
I will go and vote for you now!
Cheers!
Nerina
ps. Love the new site and name

Suzy said...

All of your Christmas touches are just lovely! I especially like the large bells on your garland outside and the wreaths on your kitchen cabinets. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving bloghop.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Beautiful, Sarah! You have a lot of creative ideas - love the snowman from old pumpkins -GREAT idea. Everything is pretty - I try to decorate EVERY room, too!
-Trish